Unlike other similar-looking products on the market, Hammer Gel’s complex carbohydrates, all-natural ingredients, and pH-balancing formula are easily digestible, and provide quick-acting yet long-lasting energy in a convenient, tasty, concentrated form. The addition of branched-chain amino acids helps to prevent muscle tissue breakdown while reducing fatigue.
Only Espresso and Tropical flavors contain caffeine, 50 mg for Espresso and 25 mg for Tropical per serving.
All Hammer Gel flavors are vegan except Nocciola.
- Maltodextrin – A high-glycemic index (GI) complex carbohydrate, ideal for providing fast-acting, long-lasting energy during exercise and for replenishing the body’s glycogen stores after exercise.
- Energy Smart® (Grape Juice, Rice Dextrin) – This all-natural, low-sugar sweetener plays an important role in Hammer Gel’s delicious flavor while contributing minimally to the overall carbohydrate content. Energy Smart® is certified non-GMO, gluten-free, and allergen-free.
- Citric Acid – Used in minimum amounts to meet FDA requirements for acidity levels. Hammer Gel contains less citric acid than comparable products.
- Salt – Minimally added for preservation, flavor, and digestive support. It is not a source of electrolytes (see Endurolytes® product line).
- L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine – The branched-chain amino acids (BCAA’s) protect against muscle tissue breakdown, while also helping alleviate fatigue.
- L-Alanine – This amino acid is used to help meet energy demands, particularly when the body’s carbohydrates stores are running low.
- Potassium Chloride – Source of potassium and sodium.
- Cultured Dextrose (Used in pouches and some jugs) – FDA-approved, all-natural preservative.
- Potassium Sorbate (Used in some jugs) – FDA-approved preservative.