The Distance 8L Pack is engineered to redefine your line, from the trail runs that bleed into rocky scrambles, to alpine adventures that cover a wide spectrum of mountain terrain, this hybrid pack blends running vest technology with our intimate knowledge of alpine pack systems to carry the gear you need, while remaining featherweight and comfortable enough to move at a fast clip. Built from our UHMWP 10x Ripstop Yarns—the same burly material we use in our climbing dogbones and Ultralight Camalots—the Distance’s fabric is literally 10-times stronger than steel per weight, while remaining so light it floats in water. The shoulder strap harness system utilizes our Stitch-less Edge Taping Technology—meaning the shoulder strap edge binding is fully edge taped instead of sewn, more like today’s innovative sportswear then a traditional running backpack—which allows for superior comfort, movement, and weight reduction. Also, the harness system is constructed with an adjustable, elastic-cording side compression system, which gives you a more secure ride while running scrambling and climbing. This vest-like system also includes dual flask pockets that fit two BD HydraPak® SoftFlask™ (sold separately) and a Deploy pocket to stash the BD Deploy Wind Shell. The pack portion of this Distance includes a quick Blitz-style main opening with a stash pocket to tuck away essentials, while a mesh divider wall can store cordelette or a water bladder that can integrate with the pack’s hose routing. On the pack’s exterior, the Distance 8 includes dual piolet/ice axe holsters, and dual Z-Pole quiver sleeves to stash your trekking poles when the terrain changes. Dual front stretch pockets are an extra place to stash nutrition or gear, making the Distance 8 an ultra-versatile pack for moving light and fast in the mountains.
- Dynex (Nylon 100d + PE 200d) body material with Dynex Ripstop yarns for bomber tear resistance that is 10x stronger than steel per weight
- Quick Blitz-style main opening with slash pocket to tuck all excess skirt cording
- Stitch-less Edge Taping Technology for superior shoulder strap comfort, movement and weight reduction
- Dual side compression with reflective ticking
- Dual Piolet / ice tool carry with metal dogbone for secure pick attachment
- Dual Z-Pole Quiver Sleeves to securely carry trekking poles while running and scrambling
- Adjustable elastic cording side compression system for a more secure ride while running and scrambling
- BD.dry™ vapor barrier back panel lets sweat vapor escape while keeping pack contents dry
- Fully water resistant main compartment for high altitude / 4-season running and climbing
- Dual 4-way stretch zippered chest pockets with expandable volume and locking zipper pullers
- Dual soft flask pockets with BD branded HydraPak® 500ml SoftFlask™ (Sold separately) made of ultra-durable, abrasion resistant TPU & RF welded seams for superior durability and elasticity
- 100% BPA & PVC free
- Dual front stretch pockets with elastic closure for nutrition storage
- Deploy pocket for the new Deploy Wind Shell
- Interior stretch mesh divider wall to hold alpine cordelette / water bladders
- Interior zippered security pocket for wallet and key storage
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.